Thursday, August 13, 2009

Day # 91- Things Happen The Way They Are Supposed To

It's been 91 days since my parents and I have spoken.

I can't believe that I'm still alive despite the numerous problems that have been coming down the pipeline for me.  Miraculously, this morning,  I was chipper.  I was getting coffee and this woman cuts me off as we enter the Starbucks just so she wouldn't have to stand behind me.  Her mouth is tight and her eyes are inflated and her energy is shoving people away.  She barked her order to the Barista, confirming that she was a bit of a pill and that maybe she was under some kind of stress.

I judged her.  I did.  I was all smiles and happy- not a care in the world-- high and proud of myself for having turned in my application one day early.  "Look how awesome I can be,"  I thought to myself as I made an extra effort to be extremely polite to the Barista, hoping to shame the woman who had cut me off by demonstrating the glaring contrast between how she did things and how civilized people act.

Why can't she be happy like me?  Later in the morning, I was grocery shopping for the restaurant.  I didn't have enough cash on me so I put the balance on my credit card.  "Declined", said the cashier.  "What?  I'm sure there's some mistake.  Please try it again."  She ran the card again then turned her monitor so that I could read the results for myself.

My no limit credit card had just limited me.  "For $80 dollars?  What the F%#@!"  Suddenly my day was ruined and I was going around like the woman from earlier who was a bitch.  All because of the decline.  Why do they have to use the word declined anyway.  Why not reject or screw you or go screw yourself.

All I know is that things are getting progressively hairy as the days pass and I still don't have a buyer.  I see my life as I've known it fall into the Arctic Ocean like entire pieces of glacier subjected to global warming.

I know that I should have faith and that things happen the way they're supposed to.  Just like after global warming takes it's full affect, there will still be a planet Earth.  We just don't know if it will be inhabitable.  That's kinda the way I look at these catastrophic changes going on in my life.  I'll still have a life  after all the shit hits the fan, I just don't know if it will be inhabitable.

Mom and Dad-- hope you're proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment